GCSE ART & DESIGN
WHY STUDY ART & DESIGN?
If you enjoy:
- Being creative.
- Getting Messy!
- Experimenting with mixed media.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Observational Drawing Skills.
- Mixed Media Techniques e.g Sculpture, Clay, Modelling
- How to Research other Artists and be inspired by their work.
- How to annotate your artwork and reflect upon your practice.
HOW WILL I BE TAUGHT
- In school – Coursework will be completed in lesson time. Teachers also offer after school sessions for one-to-one tutoring.
- At Home – The expectation is that you continue working on your sketchbook outside of lesson time every week.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- Examination – The exam will be a 10 hour practical exam where students will produce a final piece artwork.
WHERE CAN THIS SUBJECT TAKE ME?
- Many of the students who enjoyed studying GCSE Art and Design have gone on to study A Level or BTEC Art related courses at college. GCSE Art & Design gives students a broad knowledge and understanding of different techniques and processes, giving students a broad skill range to take them confidently into further education.