GCSE ART & TEXTILES
WHY STUDY TEXTILES?
If you enjoy:
- Thinking creatively
- Freedom to pursue creative ideas.
- Experimenting with mixed media techniques.
- Working with Fabric.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Learning a range of surface decoration techniques.
- Learning Hand Drawing Skills.
- Designing & Making Innovative Garments, Home ware, Children’s Toys & Textiles Art.
- Using Sewing Machines & Computerised Embroidery Machines.
- Learning pattern cutting skills.
- Textiles isn’t just for Girls!
HOW WILL I BE TAUGHT?
- Doing practical work; making several products in a variety of materials
- Using computer design software; CAD/CAM
- Making products from your own design briefs.
- Working individually and as part of a team
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- Controlled Assessment – The controlled coursework will be completed within the two year period
- Examination – The exam will be a 10 hour practical exam where students will produce a final product.
WHERE CAN THIS SUBJECT TAKE ME?
- Many of the students who enjoyed studying GCSE Textiles have gone on to study A Level Textiles and Fashion Design. The course links closely with Graphics, Art and Design, and Photography.