Local Governing Body
Tile Cross Academy is a member of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust. As such, many responsibilities of governance are held by the Board of the Trust. The role of the Academy Advisory Board (formerly known as the Local Governing Body) is to focus on the leadership of the Academy, and in particular the quality of education and students’ personal development. Please see the ‘Scheme of Delegation’ for more details of this via the Trust website’s governance section.
The chair of the Trust Board is Mr Graham Parker. The chair of the AAB is Mr Dan Turnball. From the academic year 2019-20, Tile Cross shares an Academy Advisory Board (AAB) with one of our partner academies within the Trust, Saltley Academy. This new Board met for the first time on 1st October 2019. The agendas for the AAB are below. The AAB meets at least three times per year and focus on:
- the quality of education;
- student behaviour, attendance and punctuality;
- our provision for personal development (including our commitment as a Rights Respecting School; Spiritual, Social, Moral and Cultural Development; Relationship and Sex Education).
- our provision for SEND students;
- our provision for looked after students and students eligible for ‘pupil premium’ funding;
- the well-being of our staff;
- health and safety.
The AAB as a whole takes responsibility for overseeing the strategic engagement with stakeholders and the community.
The membership of the joint AAB is:
Chair of Governors: Mr Dan Turnball
Vice-chair and Community Governor: Mr Bhupendra Tailor
Community Governor: To be appointed
Community Governor: Mrs Riaz Bi
Community Governor: Ms Angela Henry
Community Governor: Mr John Allen
Staff Governor: Mr Anwar Hasan
Staff Governor: Mrs Jenny Pemberton
Staff Governor: Mr Chris Spiers
Parent Governor: To be appointed
The chair of the governing body and can be contacted at the school email:
email@example.comPlease put ‘FAO Chair of AAB’ in the subject line.