Home Learning and Guidance Links
Links will be added here to aid in the Home Learning of your children as well as links to information sites:
Other Useful Home Learning Links
(click the names to access the websites)
Adobe Education Exchange: Free resources, workshops and teaching materials. All ages.
Oak National Academy: Free resources and online lessons. All ages.
Atom Learning: Personalised learning in English and maths, using teacher-led content. Key stage 2.
BBC Bitesize: Over the coming weeks, the BBC will be offering daily content to support families with home learning and issues of wellbeing.
Twinkl: Learning resources, planning and assessment materials. The company has created free home learning and school closure packs. All ages.
Seneca Learning: A free online learning platform. Key stages 2, 3 and 4.
BrainPOP: Cross-curricular resources using topics and themes. BrainPOP has offered “free, unlimited use of BrainPOP to any school, anywhere, that is closed due to the coronavirus during the period of their closure”. All ages.
Century Tech: English, maths and science resources for free to all schools and students affected by coronavirus school closures. All ages.
Discovery Education: Videos, interactive activities, or complete, ready-to-use lesson plans in maths, science and social studies. All ages.
Earwig Academic: A package for teachers to support teaching evidence, making assessments, tracking progress and reporting. Parents and pupils can upload work and communicate safely with teachers. During the coronavirus crisis, Earwig Lite is free to “anyone who needs it”. All ages.
Highlights Kids: Read, play games and conduct science experiments. Primary age.
Hungry Little Minds: Government supported. Activities for parents with children aged under five.
Tassomai: Bite-sized learning, using quizzes and short videos. Key stages 3 and 4. Free access to schools affected by coronavirus closures.
Click above to get a free trial of a great resource
Free self-isolation education and entertainment resources
- Audible Stories
- National Emergency Library
- Photography: Nikon
- Zoology: Australian Reptile Park and Taronga Zoo
Coronavirus Advice Links
- National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/nas-schools/vanguard/news/2020/march/coronavirus-(covid-19)-advice.aspx
- Mencap – Easy Read guide to Coronavirus: https://www.mencap.org.uk/sites/default/files/2020-03/Information%20about%20Coronavirus%20ER%20SS2.pdf
- Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
- Young Minds – Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
- Carers UK – Guidance for carers: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
- Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic: https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
- Amaze – information pack for parents https://amazesussex.org.uk/faqs-about-the-coronavirus-for-parent-carers-of-children-with-send-brighton-hove/
Another guide to what to tell your children if they are anxious can be found here.