“Nurturing Creativity, Discovering Culture, Inspiring the Imagination and Exploring New Skills”
• We aim to make art, design and creativity accessible for all. We aim to encourage students to extend, explore and expand their creative thinking and problem solving skills.
• We aim to inspire students by introducing them to artists, craftspeople, designers, musicians and movements in art, alongside a variety of art made across different time periods, cultures, and countries.
• We aim to expand student knowledge and understanding by putting into context different periods of art, musical and design history.
• We aim to expand student thinking and challenge preconceived ideas, encouraging them to develop their own opinions, be able to justify these and broaden their own cultural capital.
• We aim to enhance skills, both physical and analytical; to communicate concepts, experiences and ideas across a wide range of media.
• We aim to develop knowledge, inspire and enthuse, creating ‘awe and wonder’, encouraging students to question, query and analyse.
• We aim to enhance and enrich students’ educational experience by encouraging them to express themselves creatively, to feel confident exploring media, and to be able to express their own feelings and opinions fluently, whether in the written or visual form.